Monday, May 10, 2010

Homework 54

My Result:
Extroverted (E) 68.42% Introverted (I) 31.58%
Sensing (S) 53.13% Intuitive (N) 46.88%
Feeling (F) 58.33% Thinking (T) 41.67%
Judging (J) 52.63% Perceiving (P) 47.37%
ESFJ - "Seller". Most sociable of all types. Nurturer of harmony. Outstanding host or hostesses. 12.3% of total population.
Free Jung Personality Test (similar to Myers-Briggs/MBTI)


These results actually surprised me a bit, to be honest. I felt that these results connected to me extremely well, they describe me exactly. A couple of weeks ago, we took a personality career oriented test from Devry University in college class, and my result was that I should go into the marketing or hospitality field. Looking at the results shown above, it seems as if the results are also oriented into a marketing field. I do feel as if I am “sociable” and a fairly well “hostess”. I also feel as if I am extroverted, I love being around people and being social. I do feel that I sense instead of using my institution, and rely a lot on my emotions instead of logically figuring something out. Last I do feel that I judge more than I perceive, as I am more focused on materialistic items and first opinions than on theories and practicalities. What really surprised me was that only 12.3% of the total population received this result after taking this test. That’s a pretty large number compared to the other numbers that people received on their results, and makes me think that a lot of people in our society are like me.

In class, we discussed the results from the Myers-Briggs test, and found that most people did indeed match up with their results. For example, Kate and Carrie received a result telling them that they were introverted, which is true on their part, and I received a result telling me that I was extroverted, which is also true. Right away we could tell who was introverted and who was extroverted without even having them tell us their result from the test, because we were able to judge them by their personalities. The other parts of the result, such as if they were sensing or intuitive, feeling or thinking, or judging or perceiving, were harder to decide right on the spot about somebody. These parts required a little more thought, a little more knowledge about the person in question. Overall I think this test was extremely successful in describing what each person’s personality is like.

No comments:

Post a Comment