Monday, October 26, 2009

HW 15 - ABCDEF 3 - Treasure Hunting

Best Parts Of Blog:

Amanda,
Since Amanda only posted homework 10, I will comment on that homework and what I think she did well in that homework. I really liked the fact that she put an image in her post, because it captured my eye and made me want to read what she wrote. Visual images help people become interested in an article.

Comment To Blog:

Amanda,

I really liked the fact that after you incorporated a link of the article you were reading, you explained the main point of the article thoroughly, and included the most important thoughts in your mind while reading the article. After I read the articles you read, I realized that we both had almost the same thoughts. Another thing I like is the cool facts you found on the website. They were interesting to read, and I learned new things that I never knew before.

The main part of your post was that videogames have good and bad sides. You incorporated ideas from people who think video games are good, and from people who thinks video games are bad.

I think that your post connects to the world in a strong way. I like the topic you picked, because video games are an extremely controversial topic. I know people who spend all their times on video games and who think video games are the best things in the world, and people who don’t own any type of video game console and think it’s a big waste of time. It was nice to read both points of the argument.

I think that in order to make your post stronger, you should write about your view on video games. Do you think video games are a good or bad thing? Are they a waste of time or do they help us develop important skills? What’s your opinion on all of this?

Your post made me think about video games and whether or not they are a good or bad thing. I am still unsure about the topic, since it depends on the game itself; however your post made me further analyze my arguments.
I really enjoyed reading your blog; and can’t wait to read more of them!

-Rachel (:

Best Parts Of Blog:

Sam,
I really enjoyed her last post, Feed B homework 13. I would like to talk about the best parts of this post, since I think this was one of her best posts so far. One thing I really enjoyed about this post was the way she connected Feed to our world today. Most people know that Feed is an allegory of our world, yet they deny that we are anything like the characters in Feed. Instead of denying that fact, Sam found the parallels between the two worlds, and listed them. I also liked that she incorporated the quote about art and talked about what that quote meant to her and how it related to Feed.

Comment To Blog:

Sam,

I really enjoyed your last post, Feed B homework 13. One thing I really enjoyed about this post was the way you connected Feed to our world today. Most people know that Feed is an allegory of our world, yet they deny that we are anything like the characters in Feed. Instead of denying that fact, you found the parallels between the two worlds, and listed them. I also liked that you incorporated the quote about art and talked about what that quote meant to you and how it related to Feed.
Your main point in this post was that Feed is a perfect allegory of our world. We are so consumed with technology but we didn’t notice that fact until someone told us straight out. We had to read a book over dramatizing what our world is like before we understand that it’s true, the Feed world and our world are not much different from each other.

I think your post connects to the discussion we had in class when we discussed the parallels between the Feed world and our world. You summarized what was said in class, while also adding your own opinions to it.

In order to further develop your post, you should talk about what you are going to do to stop acting like Titus or the other characters in the book. You say you are addicted to these devices, but maybe you can find a strategy that can stop your addiction, what can you do instead of using technological devices?

Your post makes me think about what I can do to stop myself from being addicted to technological devices. Reading your post made me see that yes we are like Titus and his friends, but I also decided that I did not want to be like that. I am going to try and change my technological ways.

I enjoyed reading your posts and can’t read to red what else you have to say.

-Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment